For City of Summerville residential utility service you will need:
At least one of the following documents:
- A signed lease agreement or rental receipt in your name with property owner contact information - or
- Proof of property ownership in your name - or
- Power of Attorney for property owner
You will also need
- your photo ID
- your Social Security card/number
- and the completed City of Summerville utility service application.
A security deposit is required for all new service and must be paid when utility service is established. Security deposits are applied to your utility account if after 12 months of service you have paid your utility bill on time without any late payment penalties.
Residential Water Service Security Deposit is $100.00
Residential Natural Gas Security Deposit is $150.00
Once you have all of your documents together, have your security deposit, and are ready for your utility service to be activated come to Summerville City Hall at 120 Georgia Avenue, Summerville, Georgia 30747 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (except observed holidays).
If you are in our Floyd County service area please use our customer convenience location.
The Floyd County office observes the same holidays at our Summerville location. For information concerning holidays please check our site calendar.