For City of Summerville Commercial utility service you will need:
At least one of the following documents:
- A signed lease agreement or rental receipt listing your company name and the business owner/manager’s name and the property owner’s contact information - or
- Proof of property ownership in your name - or
- Power of Attorney for property owner
You will also need
- your photo ID
- your Social Security card/number
- and the completed City of Summerville utility service application.
- A completed Business License application with the associated SAVE affidavit
- Private Employer Affidavit must be completed and turned in with your utility service application.
Commercial utility security deposits are based on the type of business. For a quote on the required deposit for your business please contact Summerville City Hall and speak with City Clerk Jill Durham or Billing Supervisor Vickie Dawson. Utility security deposit(s) established for a commercial account will be applied to the utility account after 12 months of on time payments with no penalties applied to the account.