City Hall: FAQs

How do I apply for a business license?

Bring the completed forms (business license application, SAVE, andEmployment Verification Statement) to City Hall and pay the applicable fee. The Codes Inspection Officer will verify that the license application is in line with zoning ordinance rules and regulations. Business License are issued once all paperwork is completed, fee is paid and approved by the Codes Inspection Officer.

How do I register to vote?

Anyone can drop by City Hall at 120 Georgia Avenue, Summerville, GA to pick up a voter's registration form.

Registration can be done at the Chattooga County Registrar's office located at 10017 Commerce, Summerville, GA 30747. For further information call (706) 857-0739.

Voting can also be done by absentee ballet. Please see the Georgia Secretary of State website for additional information.

How do I obtain a marriage license?

Contact the Chattooga County Probate Office located in the Chattooga County Courthouse for Marriage License information. The phone number for the Chattooga County Probate Office is (706) 857-0709.
The City of Summerville does not issue or retain documents associated with Marriage License.

How do I pay city taxes?

The City of Summerville does not have city taxes.

Additional Info

City Hall
Janice Galloway,City Manager
120 Georgia Avenue
Summerville, GA  30747

 Phone: 706-859-0900
 Fax: 706-859-0845

Office Hours:
M-F 8:00-5:00

Thank you for your upload