Effective Wednesday, December 2nd, in accordance with the City of Summerville’s directive to reduce potential exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19) through restricting access to City-owned buildings and facilities, the City of Summerville lobbies and offices will be closed to the public. Specific guidelines can be found for each department below. Services and assistance will still be offered by all departments.
The City’s weekend events are still scheduled to continue as planned.
City Hall and Floyd County Summerville Gas Office
The front lobby will be closed but customers may continue to receive assistance by calling during business hours, 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday, or utilizing the drop box on the outside of the building. The City Hall phone number is 706-859-0900.
Utility service cut offs will continue to follow normal schedules.
A utility bill may be paid the using the following options:
- Pay Online: By going to https://summervillega.org/ and clicking pay my bill. You will need your last payment amount and your account number available.
- Automated Phone Payment System: Call 1-833-250-4484 and follow the prompts to pay your bill. You will need your last payment amount and your account number available.
- Using the drop box on outside of building: You may drop your payment in the drop box on the outside of the building, please be sure to put your payment inside an envelope and include your account number.
The lobby for the Probation office will be closed until further notice.
Reporting will be via telephone: 706-859-0933
Payments may be made using the following options:
- By Money Order: Mail any money orders to (do not mail cash or checks):
Summerville Probation Services
PO Box 180
Summerville GA 30747
- Pay online at: http://www.summervillepay.com You must contact the Probation Department to get your ID number.
- Pay by phone: Call the office to pay by credit/debit card
Police Department and Municipal Court
The lobby for the Summerville Police Department and the Municipal Court Clerk will be closed to the public but all services will still be offered in a modified way.
Pay online at: http://www.summervillepay.com
Pay by automated phone system: 1-877-575-7233
Pay by mailing money order to (do not mail cash or checks):
Summerville Municipal Court
PO Box 180
Summerville, GA 30747
OBTAINING COPIES OF ACCIDENT / INCIDENT REPORTS
To obtain a copy of an incident or accident report, call the Summerville Police department (706) 859-0912 to make your request. We can send your report to you through email, fax, or U.S. mail at no charge.
SPEAKING WITH A POLICE OFFICER
To speak with a police officer about a non-emergency matter, call the 911 Center’s non-emergency number (706) 857-0750 and they will either dispatch an office to meet you or have one call you. Many situations or incidents can be handled over the phone. As always, if you have an emergency situation dial 911 and emergency responders will be dispatched to your location.
Public works will be operating as normal, but the office will be closed to the public. To report a leak outside of business hours, please call 911.
The Fire Department will be closed to the public, but still responding to emergency calls. To report an emergency please call 911.
The recreation department lobby, gyms, and facilities, are currently closed to the public and basketball practice will be put on hold until December 12th.