small portfolio1 small portfolio2 small portfolio3 small portfolio4
themed object
get in touch

Public Works: FAQs

Can the City cut a tree on my property?

If you think a tree needs cutting, contact the Street Department at (706)859-0907. They will get your name and address and send a representative out to see if the tree is on City right-of-way. If the tree is on City right-of-way, the Street Department representative will determine if the tree needs cutting. If the tree does in fact need cutting the City will cut and remove the tree. However, if the tree is not on City right-of-way, it will be the property owner’s responsibility to have the tree cut and removed.

I hired a contractor to cut a tree or trim my shrubs; will the City pick up the brush and limbs?
I saw a dead animal carcass in the Street, who should I call?
I have trimmed my shrubs and trees and have a large pile of limbs, where should I put them for the City to pick them up?
I have cleaned out my shop and have a pile of junk; will the City pick that up?
I just hit a pothole with my car why won’t the City repair these potholes?
My ditch is stopped up, who should I call?
Who do I call to report a down or missing street sign?
Why doesn’t the City clean up the Summerville Cemetery?

Public Works & Utilities
Tony Carroll, Director
P.O. Box 180
Summerville, GA  30747

phone iconPhone: 706-859-0907
fax icon Fax: 706-859-0847

email icon

 clock iconMonday - Friday
 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Emergencies/After Hours

phone iconPhone:  911


If you can not reach a staff member, AND it is after hours, on a week end, on a holiday, or if it is an emergency, call 911. The 911 center will dispatch an “on-call” employee 24 hours a day. 

Call before you dig!


slide up button