|Water Treatment Plant Operator – Class III (Will consider Trainee)|
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of a water treatment plant.
• Monitors and adjusts the processing system to meet demands; inspects plant grounds, checks gauges, and takes readings; monitors flow levels, pumps, motors and valves.
• Monitors overall plant operations via the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
• Takes samples and tests chemical levels throughout the plant; performs a series of laboratory analyses.
• Adjusts chemical feeders as needed.
• Monitors flow throughout the plant to ensure proper operation.
• Makes equipment repairs and responds to breakdowns.
• Maintains log books and computer files containing laboratory analysis results, process control changes, chemical inventory, and other pertinent information; documents all problems or complaints.
• Leads plant tours for the general public.
• Maintains plant grounds.
• Operates heavy equipment.
• Attends job-related training; remains current on revisions to pertinent policies, procedures, rules, regulations, requirements and standards.
• Performs related duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
• The work is typically performed in an office, a laboratory, and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
• Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain Class III state-certified license for water treatment.
Any person interested in this position may submit an application at the City of Summerville WTP, 1082 Filter Plant Rd., Summerville, GA 30747. Resumes may also be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
City of Summerville
Attn: Janice Galloway
P.O. Box 180
Summerville, GA 30747